Sunday, December 21, 2008

Being a Dog Keeper. * Warning Spoilers for Bolt Inside*


Synopsis:


Bolt tells the story of a dog who is convinced that his role as a super dog is reality. When he is ripped from his world of fantasy, and action by his own doing.

His own obsession with his owner and keeping her protected from the green eyed man of the television show he works on completely absorbs his life.


This takes him to the point of no return when he believes that she has been kidnapped, and he accidentally gets packaged and shipped to New York city in pursuit of his owner.

This is when the story unfolds, and he goes through a transitional period where he learns that he is as super as every other dog. His disbelief of his abilities being non existent fuels a lot of different emotional changes, and eventually comes to a reality of who he really is.

This all culminates when he finds his owner and reunites with her in the action packed climax of the movie.





My Comments:



It wasn't really the type of movie I wanted to watch. At first glance, there's no need for further thought, but it's a child's movie. My sister wanted to watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua, which I strongly against. -.- Call me a bad brother or whatever but it's certainly a no to that. So my mum suggested Bolt because Bolt looked a little like Kimiko (my dog's name FYI) save for the spots on her and her ears that doesn't stand up. Other than that, it's a rather good replica of her. And so it was decided and the movie is to be watched. Though I was really dying to watch Ip Man... T____T And my rating for Bolt, shall be 9/10. The movie humour rating will be 8/10. I think Madagascar 2 had better jokes. In Bolt, they didn't have super spy penguins but they had weird yet forgetful pigeons. They manage to pull off some whacky jokes nevertheless. Especially the part how they instructed the poor dog to get his cute head out of the bar. Yet even so Penguins still beat the Pigeons. Penguins rule. The story does touch a dog keeper's heart. *if you do love your dog as if it's a part of the family* I was rather touched. The story raises the feeling of losing your dog and somehow made me realized how I would really miss it . Apparently it did have a strong impact on some girl at the back of the cinema. She was practically sobbing in the cinema. Poor girl must have lost her dog and it never came back. =\ But anyhow, I would recommend the movie to anyone who loves their dog like a part of his/her family. =)



Random Pics:


'Flying Rhino'. Haha, cute guy.



I love this pic. =)

No comments: