Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"I'm not studying or going to working. It's gonna be the End of the World anyway,"


Now that's a good excuse isn't it? I went over to grandma's house today and my aunt told me that apparently, there is a group of christians who are already preparing themselves for the end of the world in seven years * I dunno who calculated that and how? But as famously known, our mayan friends have calculated that it's this 2012* . They are stopping work, stopping their children's educations and just gonna stay at home. And pray. Some computer technician dude came over to my aunty's house to preach about this when he was called over to her house to fix her computer. And he was called to come over a few times, before he came over. Guess he figured that he should preach and spread his 'Good News' to her too. I dunno if it's stated in the Bible, but not studying or working and just praying to God doesn't sound right to me. At least some minority of Christians like the Amish make more sense in their teaching. To stop doing everything and just meditate and pray to God, sounds more like an excuse from work stress and study difficulties.

But after listening to that, it made me wonder. How prepared are we to face the End of the World anyway? If tomorrow IS the end of the world, how will you be judged? At the very least, look back at the past. How much have you done for others? Do you regret the life or the way you've lived? Was there a better way to live life? Was that all you could do?


Now that's something I wouldn't wanna see.


Spending time for reflection. Now that I believe is a much better way to face the end of the world. And of course, prayers too. I cannot deny that. But prayers only and without any actions. I think God is on myside that Actions speak louder than words? ;) Below is an interesting link, check it out!

5 signs the world is coming to an end




I still regretted not doing anything about it.
It wasn't your fault anyway
.


No comments: